Saturday, December 15, 2007
There are students of mine asking for performance opportunity, and some only want paying gig.....
Some said they want to make it BIG, (how big is big?)
Some said I ‘like’ to sing, (sorry, the stage is not your karaoke room)
Some said I can dance very well, (compare to ?)
Some said I had performed since young, (are you living with your old tricks?)
Some said I had won many awards, (award that can change other's life better? Noble award?)
Some said I had produced many school productions, (can you lower down to just being a crew?)
Some said I had graduated from overseas, (some successful people don’t even need a cert, right?)
Some just not ready, in terms of ‘attitude’. Passion needs to be garnered.
They had not stepped steadily on to the stage yet.
Why Black Forest Band?
They are not ‘emo’. Although one or two quite emotional at times off stage, but they are reminded that this is not required on stage.
Always stay humble. Every member has more than one talent and yet they don’t brat about it. Coz they know there are still rooms to grow.
Treat every audience with their sincerity, especially in music. Besides playing their own compositions, they also make sure they ‘forestise’ the others originals with black forest style – having fun.
Never stop learning.
Treasured every gig they played.
Black Forest Band will go on if such attitude stays.
*****************Suzairhe Sumari (Spy N) – host, Suria Segar ******************
“YOU WILL STOP ONCE YOU THINK YOU’RE THERE. SO PLEASE, DON’T YOU EVER STOP. KEEP ON GOING & BE HUMBLE.”
This quote was given to me by my warren officer, Jalyn Han, from SAF Music & Drama Company, donkey years ago. Till now, I still have it in my head wherever I go. Suzairhe
www.suria.sg/suriasegar/hosts.htm
I would say this is my benchmarks for artistes that are worth taking care of.
Hey, who do you think you are?
With nearly 3 decades connecting to the stage, I am still very far to a success career in performing arts. There is no final destination for my love to performing arts.
Some said they want to make it BIG, (how big is big?)
Some said I ‘like’ to sing, (sorry, the stage is not your karaoke room)
Some said I can dance very well, (compare to ?)
Some said I had performed since young, (are you living with your old tricks?)
Some said I had won many awards, (award that can change other's life better? Noble award?)
Some said I had produced many school productions, (can you lower down to just being a crew?)
Some said I had graduated from overseas, (some successful people don’t even need a cert, right?)
Some just not ready, in terms of ‘attitude’. Passion needs to be garnered.
They had not stepped steadily on to the stage yet.
Why Black Forest Band?
They are not ‘emo’. Although one or two quite emotional at times off stage, but they are reminded that this is not required on stage.
Always stay humble. Every member has more than one talent and yet they don’t brat about it. Coz they know there are still rooms to grow.
Treat every audience with their sincerity, especially in music. Besides playing their own compositions, they also make sure they ‘forestise’ the others originals with black forest style – having fun.
Never stop learning.
Treasured every gig they played.
Black Forest Band will go on if such attitude stays.
*****************Suzairhe Sumari (Spy N) – host, Suria Segar ******************
“YOU WILL STOP ONCE YOU THINK YOU’RE THERE. SO PLEASE, DON’T YOU EVER STOP. KEEP ON GOING & BE HUMBLE.”
This quote was given to me by my warren officer, Jalyn Han, from SAF Music & Drama Company, donkey years ago. Till now, I still have it in my head wherever I go. Suzairhe
www.suria.sg/suriasegar/hosts.htm
I would say this is my benchmarks for artistes that are worth taking care of.
Hey, who do you think you are?
With nearly 3 decades connecting to the stage, I am still very far to a success career in performing arts. There is no final destination for my love to performing arts.